Tuesday, October 12, 2004

survival

Thanksgiving is over for another year. I'm not upset about this at all. We had dinner at my mum's last night and it felt like I went really overboard when I was there. We had missed the official Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's but we wanted to get together just the five of us so we did it at mum's last night. Anyway, she served roasted pork loin and roasted potatoes, carrots, turnip, broccoli salad (with feta, not cheddar). I had a little bit of everything and was surprised to discover that I stayed within my caloric limit for the day. Luckily, my mum is big into low-fat so she doesn't cook her veg in oil and cover them with fatty sauces.

Overall, the long weekend wasn't bad at all. I did have some snacks on the weekend but we bought small quantities of baked snacks to feed our crunchy/salty craving. Also, for the second weekend in a row, we stayed out of the bulk barn. As I've mentioned here before, it's a big weakness for me so staying clear kept me honest this weekend. The big test will come later this week when I go back there to re-stock my bread making supplies.

Speaking of bread making, that is still going very well. I have not bought a loaf of bread in several weeks now. I make the multi-grain bread for my take-to-work lunches and either pumpernickle or rye for LOG.

Anyway, I'm back at work and back into my regular workout routine and am feeling pretty good right now. The headache I had on the weekend is totally gone. I managed to get through it without having to resort to a handful of ibuprofens. More and more, I'm trying to wean myself off stuff like that. Instead, I drank a lot of water over the weekend and I think that made a difference. Ooh, one last thing for today, I did see a 2 pound loss on Saturday morning when I did my weigh-in. Truthfully, I wasn't expecting much so I'm pretty thrilled about it!! At the moment, any movement in that downward direction is just fabulous!!

No comments: