Friday, October 29, 2004

feeling Friday

I'm so glad that today is Friday. It felt like a Friday when I got up. I hate it when Wednesdays or Thursdays feel like Fridays, that totally messes with my head. For a few, fleeting moments yesterday, I pondered taking today off. The moment passed and I'm kind of glad that it did. I'm actually (for the first time in goodness knows when) getting some work done today.

My back feels a lot better today than it did yesterday. By tomorrow I expect to have reached "full recovery." Yesterday afternoon, I had to walk across campus for a class I'm taking. The walk was painful to say the least and I was feeling pretty bad by the time I got to my seat. Almost immediately after I sat down, I realized that I felt good. Not perfect but I wasn't in pain. It was the oddest thing. When I walked back to the office afterwards, I felt pretty good. I had to be careful about putting too much weight on my left foot (because jarring pains shooting into your hip are not fun) but otherwise, it was a huge improvement.

Anyway, workouts and regular meals will resume next week. Right now, I'm doing my very best to avoid eating any of the tiny lovely chocolate bars that are floating around me. I made up 120 goodie bags last night for shelling out on Sunday. I cannot wait to get all of this stuff out of my line of vision. I don't miss it when it's not around but boy, when it's in the house, it is hard not to think about!

No comments: