Monday, October 18, 2004

temptations

Do you ever have days when you want to just chuck in the towel and eat nothing but pizza, day in and day out? Sometimes I'll smell something, buttery or cheesey, and have that thought. Of course, pizza every day would be boring and I certainly wouldn't want to kill myself (and that would absolutely happen if I did that) but it's an interesting thought to entertain at times. Just giving up and eating crap would be so much easier than what we're all trying to do. It would not be good or better but it would probably be easier to allow yourself to slide into temptation whenever it faced you than it is to walk away and stick to your guns.

Having said that, today is going okay. I've not given in to any temptations. My eating has been clean and I worked out this morning. That's my plan for the whole of this week too. This weekend, when we go out of town, we have a couple of meals planned at favourite restaurants. We're also planning on staying at our favourite hotel and working out and swimming so that should compensate for the extra, planned, caloric intake. In the meantime, this week is going to be very very busy but at least I have a really lovely carrot dangling on the end of the stick to help me get through it!!

No comments: