Tuesday, October 05, 2004

day two

Day one went very well. I'm quite pleased with myself. I'm back to taking things one day at a time again. It worked before, it'll work again. Last night after dinner, we had to go out and do some errands. We realized last night that we were out of some pretty major staples, garlic for one. Our house cannot function without garlic!!

Anyway, I sat down to make my list and the LOG had asked us to get him some chocolate covered pretzels at the bulk store. I told him that we'd pick some up but I secretly felt this huge feeling of dread. The bulk store is a big weakness for me and after the pancake victory in the morning, I didn't know that I could actually go in there and not give in to all those little orange and black Halloween candies. Fortunately, my lovely hunny offered to go in and get the pretzels for me. I was so relieved to not have to go in there. Sad isn't it?? It's just a store for pete's sake. After that, we went to Costco. They were baking something chocolatey in there. You could smell it very clearly while we checked out the produce section. Again, I sucked it up, ignored my nose and kept walking. I didn't look at the muffins or m & m cookies. I wasn't seduced by the boxes of Christmas candy. It's silly but I stayed strong and didn't eat another bite of food for the rest of the night.

This morning I had another good workout. I rode a little further on my bike interval than I did yesterday. My goal for this week is to increase it a little bit each day and so far, so good. I know it's only day two but hey, a girl's gotta take the NSV's where she finds them.

Right now, I feel really strong and am certain that today will be just as successful as yesterday!! Happy Tuesday everyone!!

No comments: