Saturday, October 30, 2004

back to normal

Today, finally, my back feels better, almost normal I'd say. My neck and shoulder are now stiff as a board but I can walk, yay!! I've been doing a bit of walking this week. Well on Thursday and then again yesterday. It wasn't a great huge amount but it made me feel better. Just being about to move around a bit without being in horrible pain was so nice. Today, I walked a bit again this morning. This afternoon, we went to see "Ray" so I've had kind of a lazy day. I still have one load of laundry to get done but otherwise, my plan to be lazy is working out.

After a two week absence, I stepped back on the scale this morning. What with no workouts to speak of except for a little walking, and the overeating I've been doing, I'm up 6 pounds. I'm not thrilled about it but it's just kicked my butt, hard. I'm back on track and will make my best effort to keep my resolve from now until the end of the year. I don't want to use the holidays as an excuse for a 3 week pig out, that does me no good at all. Anyway, I'm not going to beat myself up about it, I'm just going to pull myself out of this funk, concentrate on feeling better and get my ass in gear.

No comments: