Sunday, October 17, 2004

early

I've been up for a while now. My head's a little stuffy, making it difficult to keep sleeping. I'm not complaining though, overall, I slept very well last night.

The past couple of days have been a bit of a blur but it's very peaceful in the house right now. It's still dark and it's raining like crazy. It's been raining for the best part of the past 24 hours. It stopped for a bit yesterday in the morning, just long enough to get a little walk in, but other than that, it's been dark and gloomy. I don't actually mind it though, funnily enough.

Friday at work was nuts. I worked straight through my lunch. I made myself go get my lunch though, and I ate it at my desk while I worked. One thing I've learned over these months of trying to shrink is to not miss lunch. On the whole, I very rarely skip meals anymore. During the week, I get my three squares in. The weekend's are trickier but the weekly routine of three meals works for me.

Yesterday was busy too. We did manage to sleep in a little bit (which was very nice) and went out for brunch. After brunch, we went to a matinee of "Team America: World Police." We don't go to the movies a lot because there is rarely anything that makes it into the theatre in this Podunk town that we actually care to see. This was an exception though. We're both huge South Park fans and we loved Team America. I don't remember the last time I have laughed as much in a movie as I did yesterday. Of course, it's not the kind of humour that all folks will appreciate but we liked it all the same. As I mentioned back in June when we actually went to the movies twice in as many weeks, I also enjoy that I fit into the seats so much better now. It's funny how little things like that just sneak up on you and surprise you from time to time.

After the show, we ran around and got our groceries done. We're stocked up again with good stuff for the week, hopefully this week we'll actually be eating at home. Last week was crazy. We ate out far more than we ate at home. Monday we were at my mum's, Wednesday we had Red Lobster with the little old guy, Thursday, my hunny was sick as a dog so I took him out for soup at our favourite Vietnamese place and Friday night, we ended up going out too. Yikes. This week though, we'll be eating at home. We plan to go to Toronto for the weekend next weekend so we want to save our pennies this week.

In the blur of the past couple of days, I forgot to weigh-in yesterday. I'll have to do it this morning, or tomorrow and report back. This week, given all the eating out we've done, I'll be happy if I don't gain anything!

No comments: