Wednesday, October 27, 2004

didja miss me?

Where does the time go? I'd love to say that I've been away on a fantastic non-stop-fun weekend but I've actually been at home, flat on my back on the heating pad since Sunday night.

We did get to Toronto, I did survive Saturday without too much caloric damage. When we went to bed Saturday night though, I felt like I was getting a cold. The next morning, I could hardly breathe. I was stiff and sore and just generally felt crummy. Eventually, I got up and started to move around. After my shower, my head felt loads better but my back was a mess. It seems like the cold has moved into my back. I've had this happen before, it's not fun.

Sunday afternoon, we were visiting friends and I was barely able to walk around. I knew then that I would have to go home. We weren't scheduled to go home until Monday but there was no way I could make it. Anyway, we got in at around 10 p.m. on Sunday and I spent my Monday on the heating pad. Yesterday, I got up, fully intending to go to work. When it took me 30 minutes to make my lunch, I realized that there was no way I could go in and I crawled back upstairs (literally) and got back into bed. Today I'm at work but I have the heating pad with me. It's helping. I'm still kind of crooked but nothing like I was yesterday. Ideally, I'd love to be at home right now but that's not going to happen so, here I am. Fun times huh??

No comments: