Tuesday, November 30, 2004

day 30 - survival of the hours d'ourves

Strength. I had it to spare this afternoon, right now I feel like a bit of a wet dishrag but this afternoon, you couldn't touch me. It's silly because it's a little thing but it's the little things that seem to make the most difference in this journey.

This week and next week, there will be several different celebrations happening at work. Today was the first in the series. It was a going-away reception for someone in our office who is retiring. There was champagne, wine, fruit drink (no juice, nothing even low-calorie to drink), fancy (read fatty) finger foods and super gooey looking sweets. I didn't have one nibble, not one. The sole male in our midst kept trying to get me and one other person (who, like me, arrived with a bottle of water) to eat something. He was relentless, like it was a challenge or something. I dug my heels in though and avoided everything. I had a nice visit with some people I don't get to see very often and enjoyed myself without having to ingest goodness only knows how many calories.

I have to attend a similar function tomorrow. It's a bigger affair, more people, more food, more of a challenge. I'll do my best to repeat what I did today. Right now, I'm not too worried. I feel like absolute, hammered crap. I have had one of the busiest days today, that I've had in a long time and I'm absolutely, dead tired.

No comments: