Thursday, April 28, 2005

day 1 re-restart or "stopping the madness"

Oh goodness.

Things have been spiraling out of control over the past week. Try as I might to make more good choices than bad, it's been quite tough over the past few days. Because we're still having to show the house, we've been on this eating out/grabbing takeout thing all week. Even yesterday, when I was sick and we didn't have to go out, my hunny went out for take away fish and chips. He does the majority of our cooking (because he's a chef!) and his knee has been acting up since the weekend. When that happens (he has bursitis), he can't stand for long to cook. No one is to blame really, we're just all feeling kind of crappy. When you're not feeling well, your resistance is lowered and the junky food comes marching through.

This morning when I got up, I still felt kind of sick. Because we have another showing tonight, I had to clean (again) instead of exercising. It's bad, I know. I made a conscious decision though, starting today, I'm going to eat has "healthy" as I possibly can. Before today, I kept telling myself that I wouldn't worry too much about it until the sale of the house was finalized. With that all (hopefully) happening early next week, I see no reason to drag this madness out any longer. If all goes well, we shouldn't have to show the house again so I won't need to be scrubbing the toilet at 5 a.m. Tomorrow I should be able to resume my exercise routine. So far today, the eating thing is going well and I will work at keeping it going all weekend.

Today is my last "re-start" of 2005. I'm sick of not getting anywhere. It's ending now. This is it. Day one, new beginning. Wish me luck!

No comments: