Tuesday, April 19, 2005

day 107 - a different kind of workout

How many calories does worry burn? If stress burned calories, boy howdy, I'd be at such a deficit right now that I'd be losing 10 pounds a week.

This morning I didn't have time to workout (I'm writing this from work - I just got in). We found out late last evening that we have another viewing this morning. After that "normal" viewing (by some people with their agent) we have an agents' caravan coming through. I got up at my normal time this morning and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. Honestly, if you can find a crumb or speck of dust on any surface in my house, I'll eat it. Wait, how many calories are in dust?? Hopefully, it'll work out that we're only showing the house every other day. If it does happen like that, I'll exercise on the days I don't have to do the obsessive compulsive cleaning ritual. See, I sort of have a plan!

Honestly, I'm so exhausted. I barely slept last night. I could fall asleep but I'd stay that way for about 45 minutes and I'd be up again. Naturally, the best sleep I had all night was in that hour before the alarm went off. I know that technically, the house has only been on the market since Friday (even though the listing went on the MLS the previous Thursday) and we have a whole four weeks to get a firm, signed offer but still, neither of us are sleeping much. I had no idea how stressful this would be.

Sadly, because I'm not sleeping much, this cold is still kicking my ass. I feel really lousy today. I woke up with a killer sore throat. I can't wait to feel healthy again, it seems like it's been a long, long time since I did. I know that I'm just letting everything get to me this past couple of days because of PMS. Doesn't it seem like the fun just never ends??

On an up note, we had our first barbecue of the season last night. It was terrific. I made a huge salad and we had lots of grilled veggies. After two weeks of take out or sandwiches, it was really nice to have a proper dinner at home again.

No comments: