Thursday, April 14, 2005

day 102 - fatty fat fat fat

Ugh.

I still have this damned cold. It's better today (so I'm back at work) but I'm not well enough to do any real exercise yet. I'm so easily winded right now, it's sick. Also, I can fall into a massive coughing fit with no notice, for apparently no reason, at anytime. On the upside, my body's snot production seems to be diminishing slightly.

This morning I got up at my normal time but instead of exercising, I scrubbed the bathroom. Last night I polished all the wood in the bathroom (yeah, we have these weird - but nice - wooden cabinets in our bathroom) so all I had to do this morning was the floor and fixtures. The whole house looked terrific when we left for work. We had another "early" viewing this morning. I sure hope that folks are liking it. I think it looks good, freshly painted white, rooms almost empty, no knick-knacks or personal items out at all. The place looks really big and bright. We have 6 weeks to sell it (or we have to start getting creative with our financing). I'm sure we'll have an offer well before then. Our agent thinks that we might have a couple of them on Monday (after the open house we're having this Sunday). Luckily, we have to go out of town overnight on the weekend so we'll be away from the madness. I would love to be spending Monday night reading over offers, fingers crossed please!!?

Right now, the house is an all-consuming monster for me. I'm obsessed with making sure that every room is spotless. This is not easy to do when you have to actually live in the house. I know that I'm being way too hard on myself. Yesterday, when I was sick, I had a little talk with myself and I decided that I wouldn't get all bent out of shape if everything wasn't just "perfect." It looks nice and I know that someone will buy it, I just can't wait for all of this to be over so we can book the movers and get ready to go.

With the house to distract me from healthy eating and exercise, I'm feeling like a huge blob. Partly this is because of my cold. My eating is all over the place too though, I'm either eating too much or not enough, there is no happy medium right now. I just want that, a medium that is happy, a normal life, with regular stress, not super extreme mega stress. Ugh. If I can get through the next few days I know it'll be fine. I told myself it would be and I wouldn't tell myself a lie!!

No comments: