Wednesday, April 06, 2005

day 94 - blob

Things I either didn't do at all or just didn't do well, over the past 24 hours:

- go to bed early
- sleep very well
- workout this morning
- eat breakfast

Yeah, good day so far huh?? I'm completely exhausted and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up. I feel like a blob. A tired blob. I did sleep a bit last night but it wasn't really enough. We went to bed at 11 p.m. and were up at 4 a.m. This morning I felt really weak and exhausted and I couldn't exercise. Actually, I could have, if my bike wasn't pressed up against our stove, which is now sitting in the middle of the living room.

As far as the house goes, the improvements are going really well. The new flooring was installed in the kitchen yesterday and it looks terrific. They gave the kitchen a first coat of paint too. It's hard to believe it's our kitchen it looks so big and bright.

Today they are starting on the bathroom and our bedroom. We'll go home after work and do any little jobs that need doing but it's going to be too smelly to sleep in (they are using some kind of weird sealer on the walls before they prime so that the dark paint colours we chose will cover -- I may never paint a room "glazed raspberry" again). We shipped LOG out to my folks' yesterday and we won't see him again until Friday.

The upside of this is that we are well on our way to what we wanted to accomplish. The downside is that I have felt nauseous for the past three days. It's stress and a lack of sleep, I know that. Sadly, knowing it isn't making any difference and I still feel crappy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get to bed early tonight. With any luck though, the sick feelings and lack of appetite will result in some weight-loss this week. See, there always is a silver lining!! bah!

No comments: