Tuesday, April 26, 2005

day 114 - brighter

happy tuesday folks.

So we may have sold the house. We'll know for sure on Monday night. It's looking very good though and we're feeling optimistic. I even caught myself, just before I fell asleep last night, thinking about the new house. It is something that I hadn't allowed myself to do while our house was still unsold. I hadn't realized that I'd been doing that until I started thinking about the house. Because we have a week between the time we get possession of the new place and when we have to be out of the old place, I should be able to get a bunch of painting done before we move in. Never before in my life has this ever happened.

As far as health, fitness and all that jazz goes, well things are still all over the place. Again this morning, I had to clean instead of working out because we have another showing at 5 p.m. Until the offer we accepted last night is totally finalized, we have to keep showing the house, just in case.

I'm pretty impressed that I have managed to keep things together as well as I have. Don't get me wrong, I've been a huge mess but I feel like I've been coping pretty well. For example, ordinarily, when faced with this much crap, my back would go out on me. *touch wood* This has not happened to me since October. I know that I have been able to keep up with the marathon cleaning, moving of furniture, packing and what-not because of the recent increase in my workouts. My cold (yes it's still lingering -- had a killer sore throat again this morning) aside, physically I feel really strong. My stamina when faced with extended periods heavy physical activity is much greater than I ever remember it being, even when I was high school and could heave 50 pound bags of potatoes around.

Thank you for indulging all of my whining and moaning about this house sale. I appreciate all of the support everyone here has shown. I promise that this blog will soon return to normal (me bitching about food and exercise). This time next week, I'll be a much happier shrinking girl. Our house will officially be sold and I'll be seriously back into my fitness routine. It's a great feeling.

No comments: