Friday, April 29, 2005

day 2 - a wee list

Things are going pretty well, on day two. My eating is hugely improved and I'm feeling better for it. My nerves are settling down and I'm sleeping better so the house stress is ebbing away. All in all, it's not too bad.

I have made a quick list of reasons why I am happy to be getting back on track:

1. I actually like exercising and have missed it terribly.
2. I have missed fresh crunchy foods (over the past couple of weeks we've eaten far too few of them).
3. I want to be able to post losses here on Mondays, not just "maintains" or (heaven forbid) more gains.
4. I want to go shopping. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any new clothes until I was down a size. I have kept that promise but now that the cute summery clothes are in the stores, I want to go shopping again!
5. I missed folks saying, "wow, have you lost *more* weight?!"

Some of the reasons are shallow but what the hell, sometimes I'm shallow. Deep down, I seriously want be a healthy old lady. In the meantime though, I want to be a thinner, fitter, young-ish old lady!

No comments: