Friday, April 08, 2005

day 96 - happy friday

I am very close to having survived this week. On a fitness/health level, it's not been good but sometimes that is okay.

I ended up leaving the office at around 1:30 yesterday afternoon. My hunny quit work early and took me for a big bowl of noodle soup at my favourite Vietnamese restaurant. That soup helped more than even I imagined it would. On the way back to the motel, I stopped off at the drug store for some decongestant. I got some pills and some nasal spray. The wireless connection in the motel wasn't working properly (it seemed). The signal was very weak and I couldn't connect to anything so I just took a nap instead of getting any work done. When all was said and done, I only missed 2 hours of work so I didn't feel too badly about sleeping the afternoon away.

After my nap, we stopped by the house to see how things were progressing. It looks amazing. They got the first coat of paint on the living room, the kitchen just needs a couple of touch-ups. It looks so big and bright, it's really a huge transformation. The upstairs is coming together nicely too. Overall, I'm impressed and am quite looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I apologize for this blog being more about the house and less about my fitness program this week but sometimes that just happens.

Hope you all have a happy and healthy weekend!

No comments: