Thursday, April 21, 2005

day 109 - breathing is good

My goodness, what a difference a day makes. For the past two nights, I have taken extremely large doses of cold medication. This knocked me out and enabled me to sleep, something I hadn't done much of over the past few weeks. Today, I'm feeling the benefits of a good rest. The coughing is only happening every once in a while, my nose is almost completely unstuffed -- I've only had to blow my nose a few times this morning. 'Bout time huh??

My morning workout consisted of me scrubbing the bathroom and vacuuming, at 5 a.m. Good times I tell ya. We had another showing this morning. Can you actually scrub the enamel off of a toilet? Surely to goodness that will happen to me. I have never cleaned so much in my whole life. Part of me hopes that I'll keep some of it up when we move. Cleaning is something I just hate and should definitely do more of. I just can't get into it. I will admit, it takes less time to do it when you're doing it all the time. I know that this is sort of an extreme thing, because of the sale of the house, but it is nice coming home at night to a totally sparkling clean house.

My eating has been pretty good this week, despite the chocolate chip muffin and the Mars bar I ate on Monday night. We've been eating at home more this week and I've been making big salads to go with our meal. I find that whenever we have a salad with a meal, I don't get those late evening munchies that are so dangerous. I still have not yet summoned the courage to step on a scale. Right now, I think I'd rather keep up with my "damage control" and check the scales once TOM is over (it should start in the next couple of days).

In all, the week will probably end on a more positive note than it started. As Martha would say, it's a good thing!

No comments: