Monday, April 04, 2005

day 92 - week 14

Things at home are quite chaotic. We worked our asses off all weekend, more packing, more throwing out of stuff, more trips to the storage locker and a tonne of rain.

After last week's chocolate melt down, there is no longer any chocolate in the house. Actually, there's not a whole lot of anything left in there right now. From what I hear, our kitchen is pretty ripped up right now, some minor construction (to box in some pipes) is happening, the new flooring goes in tomorrow. Reports indicate that things are sailing along at a good clip.

I had a bit of a non-chocolate meltdown last night. I know I was just freaking out and was really overtired. In my mind, I had thought (hoped, planned?) that we would be completely ready, in every room, for the carpenters when they arrived this morning. At 8:30 last night, it was clear to me that it wasn't going to happen that way. Fortunately, they are doing our bedroom and the computer room last (the two rooms we have left to the end to sort out). Wednesday through Friday, we're booked into a hotel near the house so we'll be able to go over in the evenings and do any necessary cleaning up or whatever but we won't have to sleep or bathe there. Honestly, coming into work this morning never felt so good. I am really enjoying the distraction from thinking about all things house-related.

As far as food and exercise goes, it's sort of weird. I'm making myself do my Monday to Friday morning workout routine. At the moment, that is keeping me sane. On the weekends and through the evenings, we're just packing and cleaning and generally moving furniture and boxes around constantly. My eating has not been stellar. I'm only half-assed tracking what I eat right now too. It's really tough when we're just grabbing food here and there when we think of it. More often than not, I'm trying to find things that have raw, crunchy veggies in them. There should only be another week or so of this total chaos. Once we start having viewings on the house it'll mean that the big work is done and I'm just maintaining a level of "company cleanliness" at the house. Right now, I'm really looking forward to having the place sold so I can relax. I don't feel relaxed at all right now. This morning (after having a practically sleepless night last night) I thought about taking my anti-depressants again. They sure helped me before when I took them. They are so mild, they just let me calm down and sleep and when I'm more rested and calm, I don't want to pig out all the time. I'll have to try and find them, just in case. Ugh, what a rambling post. Sorry about that folks.

Anyway, once again, its Monday so here is my latest weekly wrap-up:
summary - week 13
  • I was able to break 7 miles again, each day that I rode. I ended up riding 5 days last week, 30 minutes each day, for a total of 36.73 miles
  • I took my vitamins 6 out of 7 days this week
  • exceeded daily water intake goal 7 out of 7 days
  • intentionally exercised 5 out of 7 days (and worked like a dog for the other 2)
  • did a lot of lugging and slugging and generally moving my butt while we were packing and moving stuff
  • forgot to weigh-in on Saturday. Checked it this morning and it would appear that I'm in maintenance mode at the moment. I'm holding steady at 17 pounds lost since my restart on January 3

No comments: