Tuesday, April 05, 2005

day 93 - zombie time

Auto-pilot. I think that is how I'm functioning today. I took one of my pills but still didn't sleep all that great last night. I was a little groggy when I got up though so they must have worked. I know I got more sleep than Sunday night but not a whole heck of a lot of more.

Last night, immediately after leaving work, we had to go and pick out our new kitchen flooring. Because our kitchen is completely ripped up, we ended up having to take the LOG to Denny's for dinner (he wanted eggs). I had an okay dinner (I actually came under a bit in my caloric intake yesterday!) and was really looking forward to going home, taking my pill and having an early night. Sadly, it didn't work out like that. We had to take another load of stuff to the storage locker and then do a couple of errands. When we finally did get home and I took my pill, I got to chill out for 45 whole minutes while we watched an hour (on tape) of Coronation Street. At the end of Corrie, I should have gone to bed. Shoulda but didn't. My hunny was packing stuff in the computer room so I went downstairs to empty the pantry. It had to be done and I knew that I wouldn't feel up to doing it in the morning. I was so glad when I finished. I got kind of dizzy doing it and realized that I was now, officially, over-tired.

This morning at work, I was so foggy that I actually considered going out for a coffee (did I mention that I don't do caffeine anymore?) and something sugary. I felt like I needed that artificial jolt to get me going. Something inside me held me back though and I did not give in. I have also successfully avoided the stash of candy that is still here in our office. I'm feeling good about that. The exercise thing, I'm still doing that and that feels good too. If I could sleep, a good night's sleep, and stop feeling anxious and nauseous over the house, I'd feel better. I hate to think of how horrible I'd be if I was all jumped up on coffee and candy. I guess it can always be worse.

No comments: