Friday, April 22, 2005

day 110 - finally friday

Good morning!

Gradually, I seem to be getting back to normal. I slept very well last night and my cold seems to be slipping away. Aside from the odd coughing fit, I'm almost totally recovered. It seems to have ended just as quickly as it started.

Fitness wise, this week hasn't been the best but I am letting myself off the hook because of the cold thing. Next week I'll be back to normal, I know it.

I dared to step on the scales this morning (brave huh?? to weigh-in on the eve of the TOM?). I'll admit, I was really nervous and didn't want to face it. Sadly, it's not one of those things that you can ignore forever, is it? Given that over the past month there has been stress-related binge eating, more meals eaten on the run, out of the house, than around the dinner table, sickness, little exercise, and the previously mentioned looming TOM, I was shocked to have gained only 2 pounds since my last weigh-in. Now, it's entirely possible that I had gained more than that and my "improved behavior" this week helped un-do some of the damage. It's also possible that all of the cleaning I've had to do has helped me burn calories. Either way, a gain is never good but I can definitely deal with 2 pounds.

No comments: