Monday, April 25, 2005

day 113 - week 17

Our house is still for sale. It's been over a week now and we've had dozens of folks through but no offers. Not yet anyway. Logically I know it's only just been a little over a week. We had another open house yesterday and two showings on Saturday so I wasn't able to be home much. When I am home anymore, all I do is clean or try to not move too much (in an effort to not make a mess). We have another showing this morning. I know that all of this interest is very good and I'm happy to keep the house clean and tidy because I know that we'll be selling it soon.

Yesterday was my dad's birthday so we took him and my mum out for a very late lunch (during the open house). It was great to see them and have a nice visit. I showed some restraint and had a salad while we were out. The rest of the weekend, I wasn't as good. TOM is a little late this month (stress does this to me) and I went on a bit of a chocolate binge on Saturday night in addition to eating french fries twice over the weekend. The sooner that our house is sold the better it is for my health, let me tell you. Once it's sold, I think I'm going to go on a juice fast for a few days. Honestly, the amount of crap I have shoveled into myself over the past few weeks is just ridiculous.

My biggest issue right now is that I don't get to relax, at all. I have been tense and worried since we bought our new house and don't anticipate feeling any better until we have sold ours. I also can't relax at home because of the cleaning thing. Also, every time that the phone rings, my stomach jumps into my throat and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to find out if it's our agent calling with an offer. My hunny feel confident that we're going to be getting an offer this week. I really hope he's right, I can't wait for this to be over!

Anyway, once again, its Monday so here is my latest weekly wrap-up:
summary - week 16
  • I was still sick with that head cold for most of last week. When I wasn't completely down and out because of it, I was cleaning the house so, some things didn't get done last week.
  • I had two days of intentional exercise last week (Monday and Wednesday). For the rest of the week, on the days where I did not exercise, I cleaned like a mad woman and I know for sure that I'm burning some calories that way and some is better than none, right??
  • calories...calories... I half-assed tracked my calories last week. I know that the weekend was bad but last week, I think I did a pretty good job with my eating (for the most part)
  • I got back into my vitamin routine and took them all, 6 days out of 7 (yesterday was a write-off for some reason)
  • exceeded daily water intake goal 7 out of 7 days
  • reluctantly, I weighed in Friday and was relieved to have only gained 2 pounds throughout all of this chaos and crap. That leaves me at 15 pounds lost, total, since my restart in January. Not terrific but it could have been much worse

No comments: