Wednesday, August 31, 2005

day two

This morning, I wasn't quite sure if I'd be riding my bike or wading through water. Last night, the city put out a warning about the rain they were expecting. They were suggesting that the heavy rains that we'd get in the aftermath of Katrina, could cause flooding. Our last house didn't have a basement and before that, we'd both lived in upper floor apartments so worrying about water in the house was something we just gave a passing thought to. Last night, we had picked up all of our cardboard boxes and stacked them on water proof things, just to be safe (we haven't unpacked a lot of the stuff that is in the basement).

Fortunately, when I went downstairs, the basement was dry and my bike was waiting for me. I don't think that we got anywhere close to the amount of rain they were predicting which was very lucky. So, I did another 30 minute session, similar to yesterday but only covering 4.64 miles on the bike. My second day was a little tougher on me than my first. That's always the case isn't it? I could feel it more in my thighs particularly. I can feel little bit right now actually, and I don't mind a bit. It reminds me that I actually exercised this morning. I know I haven't hurt myself at all, just pushed myself, as I should have been all along. In any event, I'll try not to dwell on what I haven't done or what I did that was wrong, I'm going to work on focusing on what I need to do, on making progress with this. Honestly, if this whole weight-loss thing was a project I was supposed to be doing for work, I'd have been fired ages ago. I just need to put as much attention and effort into it as I do to other things and I can get it done. *fingers crossed*

No comments: