Friday, August 26, 2005

remembering sprouts

My brain is so fried today that as I opened my sandwich a couple of minutes ago (well opened the container it is in), I couldn't remember if I'd actually put sprouts on it or not this wasn't a long time ago, I made the sandwich about 6 hours ago. Goodness gracious that's bad huh??

Yesterday, I was away from the office for the day. Our unit went off-site to have a planning day. It was really helpful but I think that a whole day on a hard-backed chair has done me in a bit. By the end of the day, my butt was almost totally asleep, even though I tried to get up often and move around. I also had my eyes opened wide to my lack of fitness at the end of the day. When it was over, we decided to walk back to the office (it's not far, like two blocks with a little part of it going up a gradual hill). By the time we got to the door, I was really winded and felt over-exerted. Now, it was sort of warm and a little humid and I was carrying a laptop and my bookbag but still, this was maybe a 15 minute walk, if that. I know that I walked a little faster than I normally would, because I didn't want to seem pokey to the other walkers and maybe that is why I felt so worn out afterwards. Oh well, sweaty self-humiliation is good for the soul, right?

Despite the fact that I have longed for and craved big time, anything that is remotely gooey and chocolatey, I haven't given in. Fat lot of good it did me though, I stepped on the scales this morning and they haven't budged. TOM is still late so that may have a lot to do with it (or not, my heart's not been much into it this week). I am hopeful that chocolate rejection, a lack of french fries and a little bit of moving my ass over the weekend will move the scale next week. Whatever is going on with my head this week, I have to shake it. My attitude sucks and I don't much care for it. I also didn't care much for how that little bit of fast walking made me feel yesterday. Something's gotta give, and soon.

No comments: