Wednesday, August 10, 2005

so hungry

For some reason, I'm absolutely starving right now. I shouldn't say "some reason," I know the reason. I was in a meeting this morning and missed my mid-morning piece of fruit for snack, snack and then, not 5 feet from my desk, there was a whole mess of food, a going-away-party for a co-worker who is leaving us for green pastures. There was a huge bowl of cut, fresh fruit and a plate of the most delicious looking and smelling chocolate chip cookies on the counter. I stayed behind my desk and stood and talked to folks, avoiding the food, fruit and all, at any cost. I knew that if I wandered over for a piece of melon, I'd be too tempted by the chocolate chip cookie. I'm glad that I was "strong" then but I'm dying now and I'm still 20 minutes away from my lunch. Ugh!

Last night, to quote Kirsty MacColl, I said to my hunny, "look out world, I'm about to be bad" and had oatmeal cookies after dinner. I know that there are worse things that one can have than a couple of oatmeal cookies but I've been working really hard on the no snacking in the evening thing. Overall, yesterday was very good, within my allowable caloric range and all that jazz. Still, I knew I was being "bad" and I did it anyway. Why does that happen?? Thank goodness there weren't any chocolates or candy in the house, I would have definitely gone over. What kills me is that I'm not actually hungry when these things happen, I just need something sweet. Don't say "have fruit" either because I've been eating a crap load (no pun intended) of fruit lately. It's more a starch meets white death thing.

Positive thinking though, right?? No dwelling on the slip-up, move on, fresh day, yadda yadda. I'm not yadda yadda'ing it today really though, I'm being a "good" albeit hungry girl. Oh well, that will soon be sorted out. This week, so far, it's not so bad...and how's your week going?

No comments: