Monday, August 15, 2005

happy = over-fed

So, Friday, I was like super duper happy. While I was wallowing in happy, my hunny was having a horrible day. Actually, technically, he was having the second of two bad days, Saturday wasn't all that shit-hot either but it wasn't like Friday had been for him.

I felt really badly for him and wanted to help him feel better. So, Friday night, pretty late by our standards, we're out in the west end doing errands and stop off for supper. We actually had a very good meal as far as restaurants go, we each had large salads that were both yummy and filling. Unfortunately, we did not go straight home from the restaurant; we stopped off at the bulk barn. I bought chocolate, those little chocolate rosebud things. I actually ate them too, little by little all weekend I nibbled on them. Bad huh?? Oh it gets better. Saturday night, we ordered a pizza. We tried to order a smaller size but the guy offered us a "deal" as the pizza maker had made a size larger "accidentally" of the pizza we ordered. Of course, once it arrived I ate too much, I also ate too much of it for breakfast yesterday. I spent the whole day feeling tired, full and heavy. Today, I've had heartburn from it. Nice. I'm six days away from TOM so I could blame it on PMS I suppose. I could also just admit that I was weak and really wanted to be bad.

This morning, I convinced myself that I would not, under any circumstances, step onto the scale. I didn't want to know how much I weighed, how much damage I'd done over the weekend. Instead, I hopped onto my recumbent bike and rode. I only rode for 15 minutes, 3.55 miles. Not great, not horrible either considering that in the previous 12 weeks, I'd ridden about 45 miles, total.

After my ride, I stepped onto the scale (which I keep in the basement, in my laundry room so I'll not step onto it constantly). Imagine my shock when I saw a one pound loss. One whole pound. Imagine, if I'd actually done a bunch of exercise last week and not eaten like a pig over the weekend, I may have lost two. It's enough of a shock to make me clean up my act today, I'm telling you. This week will be a good one. I will ride my bike, I will not eat crap, I will not have heart burn. No arguments.

No comments: