Tuesday, August 02, 2005

work

Last night I was musing to myself about how nice it would be to get back to work, back into a routine. This morning, I'd have paid any price for an extra day of vacation. As I climbed down the stairs toward the laundry room to throw a small load in before work, I kept thinking about how nice it would be to crawl back under the covers instead. Alas, the laundry got done, I'm at work. bah!

So remember how I wanted to rest and eat well and exercise on my vacation? Yeah, well that didn't exactly happen. I did get some rest but we both ate way too much and ate out too often while we were off. Exercise? ha! Well actually, when we were away we walked a lot but it wasn't the sweat-breaking kind of walking so it doesn't count.

This morning I stepped on the scale and was up 2 pounds. I hadn't weighed myself since July 10 so I was expecting more of a gain, to be honest. As much as I hate hate hate starting over, again, I'm doing it, again. I keep telling myself that starting over is better than quitting and I know that's true. Knowing it is one thing, doing it is quite another. It's hard and I'm sick of it. I wish that there was a quick fix but I know there isn't. The only thing that ever worked for me was to eat less and exercise more. You all know that because that is what works for you all too. Unfortunately, for me, over the past little while, it was easier to eat more and exercise less. I've paid that price and now I have to get my butt in gear, yet again.

No comments: