Friday, August 12, 2005

head's happy, heart's insane

For some reason, that I'm not too concerned about at the moment, I have been ridiculously happy recently. Without over-analyzing things too much, I am feeling like it's a combination of many things:

1. I don't worry about LOG all the freaking time like I did when he was sick and at home all by himself all day long.

2. The eating better thing is making me feel better physically and more in control of my life generally.

3. I'm listening to more music and less talk radio. Sometimes, it's true, ignorance is bliss.

4. Our finances are in much better shape since we sold our old house and bought the new one.

I almost feel like I'm going to jinx this feeling by talking about it. Like, if you tell someone your blowing-out-the-candles-on-the-birthday-cake-wish, it won't come true. Most of the time I'm bitching and moaning about how I'm not eating well or feeling well or am just generally unhappy with myself because I keep fucking this thing up. Right now, while I'm not feeling any of those negative things, I figure I should share that. Goodness knows it's about time I said something positive!!

In other news, we're definitely not participating in the 5K walk. I suspect that we'll walk way more than 5K that weekend though because we're going to New York. We already have a trip to NYC planned for early December but this October weekend has just sort of popped up. For a while now, I had been hearing through my Belle & Sebastian lists that they were playing at a festival thing in the states this fall but I didn't pay much attention because I'm not much of a festival person. Mostly, I object to having to go to shows that are in middle of a field and that I have to sit through bands I'm not really interested in. Anyway, when I heard that the show was in Brooklyn, in a ball park (very civilized) and that there were other folks I really wanted to see too (Beck and the Raveonettes to name just a couple), I got seriously thinking about it. This morning I ordered our tickets, I booked a hotel yesterday and we're going to go down for 3 days. We haven't been to New York in 3 years so I'm really excited about the trip, I'm also very much looking forward to seeing B&S. I feel like I've loved them forever and have never seen them live. They have played in Toronto a couple of times but for one reason or another, we were never able to get there for the shows. We're still planning the December trip too. I know that we're really lucky that it's just a 6 hour drive from here so we don't have to deal with flying and all of that.

So, yeah, that's my happy weekend news. yay!

No comments: