Saturday, August 20, 2005

more better

I know that it's not grammatically correct to describe how I'm feeling as "more better" but yanno, it's how I feel and I often play fast and loose with the rules of grammar.

Ordinarily I don't post over the weekends but I felt like I should explain yesterday's absence. I woke up yesterday with a headache / body ache / stuffed up thing happening. It sort of hit me on Thursday night, just before bed. Of course, I figured that a good night's sleep would cure whatever it was. It didn't. Yesterday, I ended up staying home from work and tried to rest up and get rid of whatever it was. I called in to the office and left messages for the folks I needed to inform and went back to sleep. Unfortunately, the sleeping thing only lasted until about 9 a.m. when my hunny came home to meet the cable guy. As we'd been fighting with the cable company since we moved in, I couldn't complain about it even though I meant that I had to get out of bed (one of the rooms that needed dealing with was our bedroom). Eventually, after lunch, I got back into my beautiful bed and slept the afternoon away. I still felt kinda crappy last night and even this morning when I got up but right now, I'm feeling not bad. Still a little sneezy but a whole lot less achey so that's good.

My hunny was working today so, while he's been away, I've managed to get a fair bit of stuff done, cold / weird bug and all. I did 6 loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and changed the bed. Our bathroom still needs to be dealt with but I've decided that I'm done with chores for the rest of today. When he gets home from work, we're gonna head out and do some errands, groceries mostly and then go visit the LOG after dinner. Tomorrow I expect to have a lazy day. It'll be nice, having most of my chores done. All we really have to accomplish tomorrow is me scrubbing the master bath and him cleaning the fish tank. If all goes well, we'll have a lovely afternoon of sipping icy drinks on the deck. I'm just so glad to be on the other side of this bug, I'll be happy if we just lay around like 3rd base and watch tv. You know, one of the best things about being sick is how good it feels when you're better!!

No comments: