Tuesday, August 30, 2005

a properly kicked ass

TOM well and truly kicked my ass this past weekend. It was almost a week late (I shouldn't say that actually, I think that my cycle has gotten a little longer as I've grown old) and when it started it was easy peasy. I figured, it was so horrible last month that I was getting off easy this time 'round. No such luck. I was in a vegetative state for almost all of Sunday. After soaking in the tub for 40 minutes, I spent a huge chunk of time in bed, taking drugs and holding on to my heating pad while watching movies on cable.

Yesterday I still felt like shit. I really didn't feel like working but I dragged myself into the office and suffered through it. This morning, I'm feeling much the same but it's okay. I'm well medicated and I know it's almost over. A big difference this morning is that I actually exercised this morning. Properly too. Stretching, full 20 minutes on the bike (4.69 miles), a little bit of weight work, an entire 30 minutes of fitness type stuff before work. I feel good about that. I'm planning to get back into my exercise routine. I'm going to shoot for 30 minutes, 5 days a week, for the next few weeks and then I'll bump it up, in five minute increments, gradually. I really miss the exercise, the sweating, the challenge. I also know that my periods were not as bad as they have been recently, when I was exercising regularly. I may get side tracked by chocolate chip cookies once in a while but I will not let the exercise thing slide again.

No comments: