Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Day 10

Today was a weird day. My moods were up and down like a yo-yo. There is a lot of stuff going on in my life right now that I can't really talk about here at the moment. I'd like to, but for many reasons, I can't.

Having said that, today was a struggle. I exercised this morning, ate breakfast and went to work. Somehow, I didn't get around to eating my lunch. I had a couple of errands to do though so I piled on my winter clothes (can't believe that I'm wearing boots and a heavy coat again -- I was in denial, I know it's December!) and did them. The walking outside in the fresh air was invigorating. I felt great afterwards. I had a busy afternoon and by the time I left the office I was starving.

We had to get groceries for our little old guy because he wasn't feeling up to going out. We got his stuff, took it to his place and put everything away. I really wanted him to go out for dinner with us but he insisted that he was not going out but wanted Swiss Chalet. We trudged back out and got take out, went back to his 500 degree old person apartment and sweated while we ate. The whole dinner was stressful (because we were both overtired and hungry and he was not feeling good and therefore grumpy). I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Unfortunately, we didn't resist our better judgment and we ended up stopping in at Timmy's on the way home. We didn't need donuts but we had them anyway. Not sure why, not too happy about it now but it was a emotional eating type thing. I know that. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I know what I did, I know that I shouldn't done it but it happened, it's over and I'm moving on. It's not that I think I'm never going to eat another donut but, I don't want to get into a habit of eating a donut when things are stressful. Anyway, I counted the calories, donut and all, I didn't do too too badly and I did get a lot of exercise today. I know that Day 11 of the challenge will be better. Right now, I'm just bone tired and cannot wait to crawl into bed. 'night all!

No comments: