Wednesday, December 24, 2003

So, runny nose and all, I exercised this morning. I was a bit of a hurtin' unit about half-way through but I was soooo happy when I finished. It goes much faster when you watch Eastenders on tape too! Anyway, I crawled out of bed and down the stairs and just did it, I'm pretty pleased with myself actually. After, I had a decent breakfast and have just spent the past 30 minutes updating fitday. It wasn't pretty but I think it's pretty accurate. It's now up to date, I'm back to movin' my butt again and I just generally feel like my body is mending. I even weighed myself this morning...I'm up 2 pounds but I'm not beating myself up over it. Considering the amount of abuse I heaped upon my poor old body over the past week, it could be a lot worse. I'm actually a little surprised that it wasn't, truth be told.

Now, I have to finish up my baking. This morning I'm doing shortbread and rugelach. I feel sort of weird about using actual, real butter in my baking. It felt super strange to buy it after many many months of buying non-hydrogenated margarine for the odd time when we actually use it. I know though, that these particular holiday items require full-on fatty stuff (it's what makes them so good!). I'm just glad that I'm using this stuff for gifts and that not much of it will actually stay in the house. Yikes. No wonder I gained a couple of pounds this week!

Anyway, thanks so much for your emails and comments of support over the past few days. It really made me feel a lot better!

No comments: