Friday, December 26, 2003

Did you survive Christmas?

We did, we had a nice day actually. We went out to my parents for the afternoon. We had a big meal at mid-day and I didn't do too badly at all. We had made a nice breakfast at home in the morning, it was big and hearty and pretty healthy so we weren't too hungry when we got to mum's. I had mostly veggies, salad and turkey...no 'taters, no gravy...Only a taste of dressing. I did have some sweets though, a sliver of lemon pie and some cookies. No booze though, and no eggnog or other fatty drinks. Very good.

I got some totally kickass gifts too. Some DVD's and CD's, some cash and some exercise stuff. I got a nice mat and some resistance bands (a set of two for arms and one for doing step stuff for legs). I haven't tried them out yet properly but I can see that they will be a big help for arms and back and legs..yay!!

For some insane reason, even though it was a gorgeous, sunny, mild day, we actually went out to the malls today. We wanted to see what was on sale at the Futureshop and we also went to the mall. We are looking for a new coffee maker (a particular Hamilton Beach model that has a stainless thermal carafe) and while we didn't find the model we wanted, we did pick up a new computer (a refurbished compaq at FS for an unbelievable low price -- we're going to harvest it for parts). The mobs were pretty insane but I just pushed my way through...Like I used to when I was young and reckless and spent too much time in crowded clubs... At one point, we couldn't find what we were looking for at Sears and we decided to walk down to the far end of the mall, to see if they had what were looking for at the Bay. I remember that we did this last year and that the walk (all bundled up, fighting through the mob) just about killed me. This year, I actually, almost ran because I couldn't wait to get through the masses of humanity who seemed to be wandering around in a daze. When we had gone the length of the mall, and back, with several stops in and out of shops along the way I suddenly realized that I wasn't winded and that I wasn't dying...Like I recall feeling last year. It was very cool!! Next year though, hopefully I'll be smart enough to just plain old stay away from the mobs and go for a nice hike outside somewhere!!

No comments: