Friday, December 12, 2003

Day 19

I officially felt like poopie for most of the day. My head was heavy and my joints ached when I got up this morning. I didn't workout before work. I popped a couple of Advil Sinus & Cold and went to work, thinking that I'd exercise tonight. In the end I didn't but I feel so crummy that I can't feel bad about not exercising.

We had our small departmental holiday luncheon today. Again I was a very good girl. I had a small piece of chicken and some roasted veggies. I didn't have any of the cheese manicotti, or cheese and crackers, or the buns or the potato salad. I had a couple of pieces of fruit with my black coffee for dessert. They didn't have any diet soda or water available so I had to go get some tap water from the kitchen. Everyone else was drinking juice with sparkling wine in it. I was getting a lot of "c'mon, it's Christmas" from folks but I just ignored them. They had an amazing looking dark chocolate / mint layer cake that smelled heavenly but I didn't have any. As I said, I was a good girl.

My reward for being good is that I have just begun a 3 week vacation. I earned and deserve it and am going to thoroughly enjoy it! Once I get this cold thing done and gone, all I have to do is write my cards, mail 'em, do all of my shopping, wrap it...and oh yeah, bake!! Oh well, at least I'm not at work!!

No comments: