Monday, December 01, 2003

Did anyone see 48 hours on Saturday night? They did a show Called "Heavy Burden" and talked a lot about a diet consisting totally of raw foods. It was quite interesting, apparently it's a method of detoxing your body but some folks do it all the time. They only eat raw foods. They interviewed a couple of scientists though who said that for some vegetables, you need to cook them at least a little to get the benefit of the nutrients (otherwise it's just fiber and you poop all the good out). Some folks swear by it and they say that if you're eating only raw foods, you can eat as much as you'd like. It totally makes sense I guess. It's not something I think I could do but it was interesting nonetheless.

They also talked about how non-teenaged females are developing anorexia. There is some stuff about the show on the link I put above. It was quite scary. I hadn't realized that some women develop the disease later in life. They interviewed one women who was in her mid-40's and other who was in her 50's. The one woman they followed had never had a problem with her weight and had been put on a low fat diet by her doctor for health reasons (she'd been having stomach trouble). She eventually developed such a low-calorie / fat regime for herself that she was basically starving herself. She was doing in-patient treatment at an eating disorders clinic when they hooked up with her. Fortunately, she was able to gain some weight there, get help and was able to go home. Again, really interesting. I don't usually watch 48 hours but had seen an ad for this particular show somewhere and was glad that I watched it.

Day 8

Well, I did great today. Last night, I hauled my ass and several boxes of books up and down the stairs here at home. It felt great, I was working up a sweat by the time I finished but I didn't get winded, it was AWESOME!!! This morning, I wasn't a hurtin' unit and managed to workout before heading into the office. My eating was great, all day. I'm really happy. My rings are really getting loose on me, as are my pants. I wore a sweater to work today (my snowflake sweater) that I hadn't worn in a while and I noticed that it's almost too big. Around the waist it's too big anyway, I think I stretched it out last winter. It feels good though, I totally do not mind getting too small for clothes!!

So, other than feeling strong and healthy, there is not much to report tonight. Happy December everyone!!

No comments: