Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Day 17

This morning I actually got up at a decent time and I really worked out. I exercised before going to work even. I felt a lot better about that.

Today was a bit of a challenge. It was our office "end of year" party. They do a big luncheon for staff only (ie no spouses). This year I was very very good. I did not have any alcohol. I did not have any starchy food. I did not have dessert. I had veggies and salad and some chicken. I felt pretty good about that too. We have another "holiday season" party on Friday, again at lunch. I'm going to try very hard to be as good as I was today. Rather than actually losing 10 pounds before Christmas, I'm working on not gaining any. If I lose some, great. If I don't lose any, that's okay too. If I can get through the rest of December without gaining any, wonderful. So far so good. I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow for my regular monthly check-in. I'm thinking that she'll probably support my modified challenge. I don't feel like I'm weenie-ing out of anything, just being realistic. I've got enough stress to deal with right now without adding to it. I'll let you know I make out with her tomorrow. I generally feel better after I've seen her and I don't expect that tomorrow will be any different. Anyway, before I ramble any more, I'm gonna end this. 'night all!

No comments: