Monday, December 29, 2003

Today was a bit of a blur... I spent the majority of the day sitting around visiting with different friends in various locations. I sipped many hot water type beverages but didn't do too badly as far as eating goes today. I met a couple of friends for coffee this morning and (how cool is this?) had just a coffee...black! No fancy (read fatty) coffees, no sticky / sweet treats, just coffee. Yay me!! Afterwards, I met with another friend for tea, again, clear tea and one cookie (only because I'd had no lunch and breakfast had just been a banana and a glass of juice before I ran out the door for coffee).

Of course, we ended up going out to dinner tonight (to Chinese buffet of all things) but again, I did okay as far as portion control went. Lately we've been eating out a fair bit more than we usually do. I've noticed though that I'm not eating nearly as much as I used to. This is a huge deal for me and it's not even a conscious thing anymore. I'm still eating crap lately (since my vacation started) but I'm eating crap in small amounts, between eating good stuff. Physically, I just cannot eat the same amount of junk that I used to be able to do and, my system starts to crave whole foods and other stuff that is good for me after a while. I'd always heard that this sort of thing could happen but it still surprises me that it's happening to me. It should make the return to being 100% on plan a lot easier for me this year than it was last year....Fingers are crossed anyway!!

No comments: