Monday, January 05, 2004

Back on track

Okay folks, feel free to pat me on the back. I got through today, perfectly on plan with a side of extra exercise.

Today was my official program restart and I feel really good right now. I remember how I felt on the day I started in January 2003. I was nervous and cautious. I was excited about the prospect of getting healthy and losing some weight but I remember how difficult it was during those first few weeks, how it felt to slowly develop healthier habits concerning what I ate and what I did. I don't feel that way anymore. I'm not afraid of failure right now because I know that I can succeed. Last year, when I started doing this, I didn't tell any of my offline friends because I was worried about what they might think if it turned out that I couldn't do it. Eventually, when I started to see results, I started to share what I was doing with others around me.

Although I'd taken a vacation from my program for a couple of weeks, I really looked forward to getting back into the groove of it. This morning, I got up and exercised. I also ate a healthy breakfast and packed a nutritious lunch (and snacks) to take with me to work. It wasn't a struggle today, it felt right and easy. I managed to get through the day with calories to spare and I didn't feel huge pangs of hunger or big cravings for anything in particular. I feel great right now. I even did some extra floor exercises tonight after dinner while watching Dr. Phil, extra abs and extra leg exercises. I am really loving my new mat and resistance bands. They are so easy to use and I can really feel my muscles working when I use them.

Oh, speaking of Dr. Phil, I finally picked up his Ultimate Weight Solution book tonight. I had done some Christmas shopping at Chapters and they gave me a coupon for $10 off purchases over $30 but it wasn't any good until January 5. Tonight after work, we scooted over to Chapters and I picked it up. I've heard such good things about it on the W-B Board that I wanted to check it out. I already watch the show and have been following the Weight-Loss Challenge every week. I'm looking forward to reading what he has to say. I understand that many folks have been inspired and motivated by it. I figure that a little extra inspiration and motivation certainly can't hurt, right?

No comments: