Monday, January 19, 2004

Sorta Back To Normal

Wow, today I'm feeling so much better than I have in a few days. When I woke this morning I felt practically normal and was able to do a better workout than I had done yesterday. My back felt much better but I was careful not to twist too much in the wrong direction and hurt myself again. By the end of the day, I was starting to stiffen up and I was really glad to go home by the time 4:30 rolled around.

The better workout made me feel better all day and my eating was totally perfect. I actually have a few calories to spare and kept things particularly low in fat today. On the weekend when we were in the grocery store, I paused for a moment by the Skinny Sticks and later on, by the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches. I seriously thought about getting some of both, just to have on hand. I decided against it because even though they are lower in fat than the regular one, I know that I'd eat too many of them. They are both really super processed and I'm trying to avoid processed stuff and I have a feeling that I'd like those Skinny Cow things so much that I would end up eating 1/2 the container. If I'm going to eat that much of something that is lower in calories, I'd rather wait and have a really good, small, ice cream cone, somewhere on the outside. I think that I'd enjoy it way more if I did.

It seems like the Progress Prompt folks are back in business now so here is this week's edition:

Some people are doing New Year's resolutions and others are setting up goals. What is the difference between a resolution and a goal?

My resolution for 2003 and for 2004 has been to follow my fitness goals. I think that really though, they are the same thing.

As January 1st came around this year, what were your thoughts and feelings about your weight loss journey?

As you know, I took a couple of weeks "off" at the end of 2003. By the time January rolled around, I was ready to get back on track. The break I took at the end of the year made me realize that I don't want to take another break like that. I didn't like how crappy I felt after getting away from the healthy eating I'd been doing and the regular exercise. It's no longer a choice, whether or not I eat well or exercise, I have to do it. If I don't, my body let's me know!

Were you successful with your resolutions/goals from last year? Will you be using the same resolutions/goals from last year or will you be doing something different this year? What are they?

I think I was pretty successful last year and I've written about my goals and resolutions several times over the past few weeks right here. I know that I will do at least as well in 2004 as I did in 2003!

No comments: