Tuesday, January 20, 2004

out of my head (but not in a good way)

I'm feeling really wonky today. There were a couple of times today that I actually felt a little light-headed, not woozy but sort of like I was outside my body looking around. It was odd. I didn't get much sleep last night. I went from being freezing cold to being sweaty and hot, off and on, all night long. I woke up about every 45 minutes and felt totally sore and achey when I finally dragged myself out of bed.

Feeling gross or not, I did a bunch of stretching and got onto my recumbent bike. All the way down the stairs, I kept telling myself that I was too sick to do it, felt too crummy to do it...Then, when I was on the bike I told myself that I'd only do a couple of minutes...Well, maybe a few more...and then, before I knew it, the interval training program I was doing, was done. I must admit that my aches definitely subsided a bit although the sore throat, runny nose/eyes thing was still happening.

Eating was okay today. Because I was feeling kind crummy by the time I finished work (I actually managed to get through the whole day) we decided to grab a quick bite out on the way home. It was my idea and I was glad that we did it. We went to this new Chinese Buffet place and it was really nice. I just felt like lots of stir fried veggies, and some curried chicken. It was really yummy and I feel nicely full right now and I didn't go nuts. The best part of it all was that we could come home and not have do dishes. Neither of us could really face the hassle of cooking and/or cleaning tonight.

I'm still feeling like hammered shit so I'm going to crawl into bed, pull the covers over my head and hope that I feel better in the morning. This out of head feeling is not as fun as it might sound!

No comments: