Thursday, January 08, 2004

Day four, four, count 'em! Perfectly on program again today, worked out, the whole bit. Wow, I see that Trish has kicked ass for four days too. Everyone seems to be totally back into the swing of things after the holidays. How excellent are we all? Why, very, as it happens!!

So, tonight after work, we went out on a produce run. Last night, we were out for dinner with the little old guy and stopped off at the "trendy expensive" grocery store that is near his place after we'd dropped him off. The produce was for poopie. The organic section was all full but the rest of the produce section was really picked over. What was left, looked horrible. We found some okay looking zucchini and baby bok choy but the rest of it was truly terrible. I suspect that it's partly because of the weather (we figured that maybe one of their produce trucks had been frozen or something) but mostly I think it's because the University students are back and they're stocking up on stuff. I noticed, from a distance, that two-thirds of the bakery section was empty. Totally empty. I had not seen the shelves that bare since the Ice Storm in 1998. We didn't have any power for a week so it was a little crazy around here. Yikes.

Tonight we went to our tried and true discount grocery place and stocked up on all kinds of fun and yummy things for the next few days. I was getting low on cereal (I'm a Special K girl) and grabbed another box tonight. It had a free pedometer in the box. Kellogg's is doing a promotion right now and they're giving a bunch of them away. I'm wearing it right now. I put the groceries and the laundry away (and hung some stuff up to dry) and used 245 steps. It's very cool, and free, so you gotta love that!

As always, I'm concerned about this weekend. A lack of structure can sometimes spell doom for me. I'm going to work very hard to not let that happen this weekend. I have a bunch of stuff that I'd like to do around the house this weekend, I also want to get through Dr. Phil's book. I have noticed that I have no desire, whatsoever, to snack while reading his book. Thank goodness for small favours huh? It's supposed to be bitterly cold this weekend so I suspect that we'll be hibernating. Oh well, I will worry about the weekend when it gets here. Right now we're stocked up, totally on healthy stuff that's good to eat so it shouldn't be too much of a problem *fingers crossed* In the meantime, I'm just basking in the glory of four days, yay me!!

No comments: