Friday, January 09, 2004

You can count if you want to...

I totally kick ass! Five days baby, five days of totally on program. Five days of excellent workouts. Five days of not feeling deprived...Actually feeling healthy and strong when others around me fall at my feet and cough, sneeze and wheeze. I am back on track and feeling fabulous. Truth be told, if I were an actual, good person, I'd feel a little guilty about how good I feel when most of the folks I work with have been sick this week. Of course, not being an actual, good person, I think to myself, "they should exercise, eat right, take their vitamins and drink water instead of lattes all day." To say this out loud would seem mean or smug or something. Let's face it, saying it out loud is also setting me up for some huge fucking karmic smack in the back of the head that would make me sick all weekend but, that's not happening. I'll just quietly type it here, smile and carry on.

I'm particularly proud of the way I was able to up my water intake this week. Also, I didn't snack after dinner at all this week. Not even when I had calories left over. I'm just really happy to be back on track. I'm feeling really limber and strong. The resistance bands I got for Christmas are wonderful. It's been nice to have different stuff to do when I'm exercising. Everything's just gone really well all week. I weigh in tomorrow morning and am sure I'll see a loss. My goal for January is to undo the damage that I did in December. I'd love to be into virgin fat territory by the end of this month. The way I'm feeling now, I know that I'll be there!

The weekend is here and I know that it'll present it's challenges but I'm ready for it. Luckily, my hunny is home this weekend (he usually works Saturdays but he's off tomorrow) so that should help. If we keep busy enough with errands tomorrow (and my Dr. Phil book readin') I should get through it okay. I can do it, I know it!

No comments: