Sunday, January 25, 2004

I wish I had something thrilling or exciting to report this weekend. Bottom line is that I don't. For a week now, I've not felt good. I know it's just some sort of stupid bug because many of my coworkers are complaining about it too. Last weekend, my back was bothering me. Since then, I have experienced a sore throat, watery eyes, runny nose, lots of sneezing, aches in my joints and muscles and an occasionally upset stomach. For the past day or so, I've either been freezing cold or uncomfortably warm. Overall, it's been an unpleasant week.

Today was probably the best day I've had in a week. Other than the hot vs. cold thing, I actually got some stuff done. I've done 7 loads of laundry today and we've been working on some projects around the house that have been needing attention for a while. The weather has been dreadfully cold here over the past several days. Today it was super sunny and I would have loved to have gone for a long walk but I couldn't bring myself to do it after 2 days of not being able to get comfortably warm.

My weekly goal is to exercise 5 days out of 7. Usually, I exercise Monday to Friday. This week, I missed Wednesday and I took the weekend off. Considering how shitty I felt, I'm not too upset about only exercising 4 days last week. I still haven't sat down and figured my food out either. I wish I cared about it but I really don't. I know that I'm off my routine but I have been keeping my water intake up and getting my vitamins in so I'm not worried.

Ordinarily, I do track everything in Fitday so I know exactly what I'm eating, how it all breaks down as far as fat, protein and carb goes. I've been doing it long enough now (just over a year) to know how things are adding up. I know that a couple of days over the past week I've gone over in my calories but I've also felt like crap with this bug. That's an excuse I know. I also know that beating myself up for a few extra calories when I'm sick is just stupid so I won't do it. Life has ups and downs and when I'm feeling good, it's easy for me to stay on my routine, stick to my plan, get in super good workouts and eat healthy stuff. When I'm sick though it's easy to let my guard down a bit and run my calories up more than I normally would.

I guess the long and the short of it is that being sick sucks. I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight and be recharged for another good week this week.

No comments: