Thursday, January 01, 2004

The first day of the year was pretty uneventful around our house. My hunny went out to work at 4 a.m. so we were in bed really early last night and I was up early this morning.

I'm starting to feel the effects of not having done any proper exercise since Christmas Eve. TOM has been kicking my butt this week and I've not done much at all. Today at least, I got inspired while watching the Clean Sweep marathon...I got my laundry done, vaccuumed the whole house, packed away the Christmas decorations and managed to throw out an entire bag of crap. I've been weeding through a lot of my Christmas stuff and just chucked a bunch of it because it's just old and nasty and I've not used it ages.

Anyway, resolutions wise, I've made a few:

1. Starting Monday, January 5 -- get back on plan 100%. When I'm eating healthy and exercising regularly I feel better (sooo much better). I mean, the whole purpose of the plan is get (and stay) healthy and fit. The weight-loss is important to me too but I really want to have a super strong, healthy body. Ideally, I'd like to lose another 70 pounds in 2004.

2. This could almost be 1 b I guess, I will exercise at least 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes each session.

3. Get our finances in order and actually save some money this year.

4. Finally get rid of the remaining clutter in our house. This a project that I started working on in 2002 and I've done pretty well so far. My hunny and I are both big pack rats (or were) and we live in a small house. We've gotten rid of a tonne of useless stuff over the past 18 months but I'd like to finally get the job done and dusted in 2004.

I think that all of these things are reasonable and manageable and they'll all help to make my life better. Wish me luck!!

No comments: