Sunday, January 11, 2004

Week One: a total success

Day 7 was successful....Or rather I was successful on Day 7! That's right sports fans, I stayed on program, 100% on plan for seven glorious days. The best part of it is how I feel. I am totally sounding like a broken record but I feel fabulous. I think it totally helped that my hunny was around this weekend. He usually works on Saturday but we had the whole weekend together and we got a tonne of stuff done around the house. We actually only ate 2 meals a day each day this weekend so I stayed well within my calorie range. I forgot to mention earlier that I had weighed in yesterday. I'm happy to report that I had a loss this week and that I lost about 1/3 of my Christmas gain. I'm not too far away from virgin fat territory again!!

We slept in a bit this morning but I still got up and exercised. When I first started, it was pretty cold in the living room and I was a little stiff and sore (from sleeping too soundly I think) but once I got moving I felt great. It snowed pretty much all day here and we didn't plan to go out at all but we ended up doing a couple of errands for our parents this afternoon. When we left the house we didn't have much snow in our driveway. Arriving home we saw that the wind had blown it around and filled in the driveway pretty good. Rather than put it off until tomorrow morning, we grabbed the shovels and got the thing cleared in about 20 minutes. I'm constantly amazed at how much easier shovelling is this year. Last winter, I'd be huffing and puffing a lot and have to take several breaks. Now, tonight, the snow wasn't super heavy but there was enough of it and I didn't feel overwhelmed at any time. The only times I needed to stop where to adjust my hat. I wouldn't have thought that my head could shrink but my hat is definitely swimming on me this year. Part of it could be down to cutting my hair too. Anyway, I feel rested and invigorated after the weekend and I'm so proud of myself for sticking to my guns all weekend!

No comments: