Thursday, January 22, 2004

better

I'm feeling much better today than I did yesterday, although still not 100%. I'm not sure what kind of bug I've picked up but it's good at hanging on. Tuesday night, I slept like the dead but last night I was up every hour or so. Part of that, I think, was due to the snow. It was snowing when we went to bed last night and I didn't want to sleep too late this morning because I knew that there would be shovelling to do.

When I got up at 4:50 a.m., the driveway looked full. I pulled on my workout gear and an extra fleece and trudged outside. It wasn't as bad as it had been but there was a huge drift along the south side of the driveway that took a while to get through. It took about 40 minutes to get everything cleaned up so I didn't bother with a "proper" workout this morning. I think that the cold air cleared my head a bit because I was blowing my nose for about 10 minutes after I came in, I'm still coughing though and my throat is a little tender. I'm looking forward to this weekend so I can just veg out and rest up.

Anyway, I'm going to head back to work today and see how that goes. If I keep the tea flowing, it shouldn't be too bad!

No comments: