Thursday, January 29, 2004

all apologies

I'm sorry that I haven't posted this week. I cannot believe that it is Thursday already. I've been home sick from work all week. With the possible exception of the time I had measles (in my ears) when I was 11 months old, I have spent the past 3 days being sicker than I ever been in my entire life. I'm guessing it was gastroenteritis or something just like it. Without going into too much details, I'll say that it was nasty and horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I know that I was fighting something last week, I just had no idea that when it finally hit me it would be so gross.

When I woke up on Monday morning, I felt a little wonky but I worked out, ate some breakfast and headed upstairs to get ready for work. By the time I had reached the top of the stairs, I'd felt like I was hit by a bus. It was really crazy how quickly it came on. I spent the next 3 days living on ginger ale, dry toast and chicken soup. Last night was the first night all week that I slept soundly through the whole night and I feel much better this morning. I do still feel a little weak and tired though so I don't think I'll be exercising today, in fact, I may take the rest of this week off and just try to recharge my batteries.

No comments: