Wednesday, March 02, 2005

day 59 - pounding

Last night as I lay in bed, my head was still pounding. I actually broke down and finally took an aleve and was waiting for it to kick in. I was sort of half awake, half asleep, like you are as you're falling asleep and I woke up, wide awake. Eyes wide open, heart pounding like a drum. I must have been dreaming or something because I thought that I heard a loud crash. It was the sound, I imagine, that one would hear if the walls collapsed or the roof fell in. It felt that loud. After the sound and the waking up, I realized that my head was clear. For the first time in 30 hours, it wasn't pounding. Of course, just about the time I realized this, it started hurting again. Weird huh??

I didn't sleep well last night and when I woke up this morning I still felt lousy. It's a sinus thing I think. Everything just smells, more...smelly. Does that make sense?? My eyes and nose are really watering a lot (I paint such a pretty picture don't I?) and I can't really focus on anything. Exercising didn't really help (although I'm glad that I did my ride, 7.52 miles this morning). I ate some breakfast and realized that I really can't go into work today. I can't concentrate or focus so I'm heading back to bed. I just took another aleve and am hopeful that it'll help.

No comments: