Tuesday, March 01, 2005

day 58 - munching

Sometimes when I'm typing this, I'm also eating baby carrots and the crunching is so loud in my head that I can't hear myself think. Sometimes, it's not a problem.

I've had a bit of a headache since yesterday afternoon. After lunch, we had a large group meeting from 2 to 4 p.m. The first hour and a bit of the meeting went well, it was a productive, group-work session and we had flip chart paper and markers to use. We were using white-board markers which were very smelly. At first, the windows in the meeting room were open I felt terrific. Eventually, it got kind of cold for folks sitting near the windows (I was in the centre of the room) so they closed them up. Once they did, it got really warm and smelly and the markers gave me a massive headache. It's settled into a dull thud but it's there, on the back burner, if you know what I mean.

It's funny, last week I felt really crappy but I was still able to drag myself into work. I've had episodes like that all winter, off an on. For a few days I'll feel like I'm getting the flu or a cold but I never get flat out, down for the count, sick. I almost wish that I would get good and sick and just be done with it. It's the weirdest thing and I remember it happening last winter too. Occasional periods of malaise instead of actual winter illness. It's strange.

Eating is going well. Last night after dinner, I baked some muffins. Now, ordinarily I'm a "scratch" baker but I had found this mix by Quaker for low fat carrot muffins and I tried it last night. They smelled very good, I think that there is a lot of cinnamon in them, while they were baking and we all had one once they had cooled. I was surprised at how yummy they were. They were still 140 calories but considering how many calories are in the big ass muffins from the coffee shop, it wasn't too bad. It's probably not something that I'll make all of the time but the mix was around $3 and it makes 24 muffins (I made 12 last night) so that's a pretty good value (and all you have to add is water) for a treat once in a while.

This morning I didn't do my regular workout. I had to shovel the driveway again. I finished it up at around 5:30 or so and by the time I had done the rest of my morning routine, it looked like I hadn't even been out there again. It's been snowing all morning so I suspect that I'll be doing my "hoser workout" again tonight. At least in March (and hurray, it's March!!) the sun is too warm for the snow to stick around for too long.

No comments: