Wednesday, March 16, 2005

day 73 - moving around

This morning I got up, early. Well, actually it was the time I should be getting up at every morning but it felt early. Last night, I slept so well that I don't know if I moved or not. I definitely feel less stressed today. I only wish that hadn't given in the stress last night.

Yesterday morning, instead of eating my usual breakfast, I had toasted English muffins. Yes, muffins, I had two, at least they were whole wheat. The rest of the day was pretty good but last night, when we were out running errands (I wanted to pick up some sandwich and salad stuff to take to my friend's place so they'd have something to nosh on when they got home from the hospital) I was still all tense and stressed. We ended up in the bulk store and I got some chocolate chip sandwich cookies (with chocolate icing). I tell ya, they tasted so good and I actually felt physically better after I ate them. It's at times like this when I wish I was a drinker or a toker. I know that those are not as calorically evil as these cookies were. I am not beating myself up about it though.

On the upside, I did exercise this morning. That felt good. I moved pretty slowly but I still got over 7 miles in 30 minutes and definitely helped me get going with my day. When I get home tonight, I think I will throw the rest of those cookies into the trash. My eating has been much better today than yesterday was and I don't think I'll be needing a chocolatey crutch today.

No comments: