Friday, March 04, 2005

day 61 - I survived

For some sick, strange reason, typing "I survived" reminded me of ELO's "I'm Alive." A ghastly, horrible song from, of all things, the Xanadu soundtrack. Why is that we can never escape those things that surrounded us in grade 8? Oh my goodness, it just occured to me that 8th grade was 24 years ago. Holy crap I'm old.

This week felt really long to me. I know it's because I felt so lousy for most of it. Today was probably the best day I had all week. When I woke up this morning I felt a lot less fragile than I'd been all week. My eyes were still very sensitive to light and I could feel just the slightest twinge of the headache if I heard certain loud sounds but overall, it was a huge improvement. Good thing too. Last night, my head was pounding so much, I was actually whimpering. Not fun. I've been trying to get through this with little or no medication but I had to break down and take another aleve before bed. It helped, a lot.

When I woke up this morning, I was a bit stiff and sore but I did my workout anyway. I really pushed myself and was able to ride 7.72 miles. That is an all time high for me. I was so happy about it. It was a great way to start my day.

Unfortunately, as the day went along, and I grew more tired, my headache returned. Fresh air definitely helped and going out of the building with a friend (and our healthy brown bag lunches) to eat helped greatly. Right now, I'm really stiff, sore and tired. I'm so looking forward to doing nothing but sleeping all weekend. Sadly, my hunny has come down with the same thing so I think we'll be spending the weekend nursing each other through it. Fortunately, or not, it's one of those bugs that you can function through, albeit in a limited capacity.

I hope you all have a good weekend and are able to avoid the germs that are floating around out there in droves. Stay healthy folks!

No comments: