Wednesday, March 30, 2005

day 87 - hurray for hump day

There really isn't much to report today.

Yesterday we finalized all of the paperwork on the purchase of our new home. Tomorrow night we'll be listing our place (do you know anyone who is looking for a really cute house in Kingston?). On Monday, all hell will break loose at our place as the work begins. Some of what we're doing probably isn't absolutely necessary but I think it will speed things up. I know that if we were to show our house today, we could sell it for about $20K less than if we spend $5K on upgrades. We've booked into a neighbourhood hotel for a couple of days next week. During the first couple of days, I know that we won't be able to sleep in the house. The LOG will be camping out with my parents. It wouldn't be fair to stick him in a hotel room for 3 days, all by himself while we're at work. Hopefully, around this time next week, the bulk of the work will be done.

Sorry that this isn't really about healthy stuff or weight-loss today. I will say that I'm a little concerned about how much this is going to disrupt my fitness routine but I can't worry about that too much. We just have to survive the next two weeks and then all will be back to normal, or as normal as things can get when you're selling a home. I've never been through this process as a seller so I'm sure it'll be an education.

No comments: